Sunday, October 14, 2007

My First Website and What You Can Learn From It

I happened to have reason to want one of the images on it, and I pulled up the very first webpage that I ever built today...Boy have I learned a lot about website design, SEO, etc since I first built that page!

I'm almost too embarrassed about it to show you, but since I see my clients' sites day in and day out, I suppose it's only fair...So here it is: My very first website and please keep in mind when you look at it, that I was probably only 19 or so when I built it, and I added the last picture to it before I came to work for Z57.

So don't laugh too much...

I'm exposing my past website blunder because it is a perfect example of what NOT do when designing a web page. If you don't know what I mean, check out The Top Ten Worst Website Mistakes that I posted on my site a while back, for a refresher in the basics of good design.

Incidentally, I pretty much just keep that old site around as a reminder of what I have done, and where I've gone from there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Its not so bad. My first page was also at the same domain but now it is deleted. If that exists, you laught too much. That was totally a ... you can say that.

Glenn Evans said...

Howdy, Eclectic Chick? If you don't mind me commenting, I'd first like to ask you a question about your first website. How was it? It's been several years now. No plans of reviving it? Anyway, creating and developing a website is tricky. There are so many things that you must take into consideration in order for it to be successful. It must look professional and SEO friendly.

Lesli Dyson said...

I’m browsing the Internet for website design, and I have stumbled on your Blogger site. And I just recently checked your websit; unfortunately it goes directly to Yahoo Geocities. Anyway, how’s your web designing and SEO learning goes so far? By the way, I’m into WP theme designing. I find this more beneficial, and it’s a lot of fun since I have the chance to expand my creativity more.